5 Star>>Location: Nairobi-Karen
Hemingways Nairobi is a 45-room boutique hotel in Nairobi offering the very highest standards of luxury and hospitality. This beautiful plantation-style property is set in pretty grounds and each of the spacious bedrooms has a private balcony overlooking the iconic silhouette of the Ngong Hills. Personal attention is assured with a dedicated butler service and the hotel is renowned for its fine dining and nostalgic Afternoon Tea.This text block can be expanded
Accommodation and Meals
There are 45 high-ceilinged rooms, two of which are penthouse style Presidential Suites and 43 Junior Suites culminating in vaulted beams. Rooms are spacious with bright en-suite bathrooms. Muted colours and textured fabrics create an ambiance of contemporary-chic while subtle touches of brass, mahogany and leather give a touch of vintage elegance.
Beyond the balustrade of your private balcony there is a view of The Green Hills of Africa, as described in Hemingway’s novel.
With aspirations of being the first Michelin-starred venue in Nairobi, Hemingways is bringing new vigour to the dining scene in Kenya. The menus are contemporary European in style, characterised by a focus on retro-classics with an ultra-modern twist. The Brasserie serves some of the best steaks in Kenya and the hotel has its own patisserie producing fresh breads, hand-crafted cakes and delicate Viennoisseries.
- Spacious en-suite bathroom lined with hand cut Italian marble, walk-in wardrobe, double vanity unit,
- separate toilet, bath and shower
- Complimentary wired and Wi-Fi internet access
- Pop-up 40″ LED television
- Dual Telephone lines with conference call and speakerphone capabilities call forwarding and voice mail
- Bathroom telephone
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Personalised bar
- Electronic safe with charging socket and space for 17” laptop
- Hairdryer,Bathrobes & Slippers
- Overnight kit and Hypoallergenic pillows available
Finest Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels
- Complimentary daily newspaper (local) and Same day international newspapers available
- On request laptop PC, DVD player, fax machine, Playstation 3, Xbox 360
- Butler Services
Luxury suite features:
Early check-in and late check-out, on request and subject to availability
Complimentary international daily newspaper of choice
Laptop PC, DVD player, fax machine
The contemporary bar has the feel of an exclusive private club. Its temperature controlled wine cellar houses a range of fine wines and champagnes expertly selected by the hotel’s sommelier. There are also rare cognacs and single malt whiskies which some guests like to enjoy with a cigar on the smoking terrace.
An impressive cocktail menu features classic favourites as well as a host of modern and lighter ones with which to get acquainted. The menu is reminiscent of days gone by with a retro twist on a Mint Julep, Papa Doble, Brandy Alexander and – the particular favourite of Ernest Hemingway – the Mojito.
In the serenity of the spa, professional beauticians perform the sacred rituals and secret arts of cleansing and reinvigoration with a broad range of beauty treatments to relax body and soul.