Category: Camps>>Location: Lake Victoria
Kisumu Mfangano Island Camp is situated under ancient fig tree on the unspoiled Island of Mfangano in Lake Victoria and occupies an entire secluded bay in the Western shores of the island. Mfangano Island Camp is a luxury, island hideaway lodge, where you can enjoy relaxing break. The camp is perfect to include in your Kenya Safari either between safaris in Kenya’s Masai Mara and the Serengeti in Tanzania or following a safari in the Masai Mara.
The camp, a small remote hideaway is a perfect place to combine with your safari. It is only 40 minutes charter flight from Masai Mara followed by a 15 minutes boat ride along the tropical shore line.
Set in the world’s second largest fresh water lake, Mfangano Island Camp is an oasis of tranquility with no roads making it an ideal retreat from the bustle of the 21st century.
The camp has six rondavels; 4 double rondavels and 2 twin rondavels tastefully decorated in the Luo tribal style of thatch and clay.
All rooms are open to the lake with uninterrupted views and spectacular sunset. The six rooms offer privacy and are equipped with:
- En suite bathroom with modern fittings and finished in local stone
- Four poster beds
- Tea and coffee is served at the rooms with wake up calls
- Room service Private verandah giving a special charm and romance
Facilities available include:
Restaurant and Bar and Lounge
- Open sitting room with bar and dining room, decorated in ethnic style with panoramic views over the lake.
- Laundry services
- Swimming pool made of nature stone overlooking the lake
- Nature walks and Bird watching
- Boat rides and Fishing
- Trips to the Mara are organized on request through Roaming Africa Tours and Safaris
- 24 hour generator (220-240 V)
- Visit to the Luo family
NB: Mfangano Island Camp on Lake Victoria, Kenya
The Kenya Government has now stationed Customs and Immigration on Mfangano Island and Guests can now fly between the Island and designated entry points in Tanzania.