Ngare Ndare Forest is a lush indigenous forest at the foothills of Mt. Kenya. Azure Pools Glisten At The Bottom Of Waterfalls And A Bunch Of Trees Stretch Into The Canopy Supporting A Competitive Variety Of Bird And Animal Life. The Forest Is A Vital Corridor That Links The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy To Mount Kenya, And One Which Elephants Have Been Using For Centuries. The canopy walkway is a 40 ft. high aerial bridge of wiremesh and cables meandering through the tree canopy and extending 450 metres long. The walkway ends at a wooden platform 30ft. high, where you can relax and enjoy a view of the river from this elevated vantage point. Elephants and buffaloes frequently come here to drink and wallow, and one can enjoy a drink or a meal at the lofty leafy deck.
Ngare Ndare forest also hosts a huge number of bird species. They have trained and experienced guides who help visitors to spot and identify various birds within the forest.
NGARE NDARE DAY EXCURSION ITINERARY
6:00 AM: Pick up from Nairobi in the morning and begin our 4 hours’ drive to Nanyuki with a stopover on the way for breakfast. The forest is Located about 40 minutes’ drive from Nanyuki town.
10:00 AM: We start our 3 hours hike in the forest accompanied by a forest guide. Later we take a walk in the sky canopy walk, which is a 40 meters high and 450 meters long bridge made of wire mesh and cables over the tree canopies. From the canopy you can be able to see a variety of animals including elephants, buffalos and wild dogs.
1:00 PM: We enjoy our picnic lunch at the wooden platform deck located at the end of the Canopy walk.
2:00 PM: We hike to the waterfalls located about 3km from the canopy walkway. Enjoy swimming and diving in the blue waters.
3:00 PM: We have a photo session by the water falls. Later relax as you enjoy the scenery before we depart to Nairobi.
19:30 PM: Arrive at Nairobi
Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day trip Prices
Kenyans/ Residents – Ksh.3,500 per person | Non Residents – USD $65
Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day trip Includes
- Swimming at the natural pool
- Guide + Armed Security provided
- A guided forest walk, Canopy walk and waterfall visit
- All conservancy and entrance fees to Ngare Ndare Forest
- Transportation from your Nairobi hotel/ residence to the Ngare Ndare Forest and back to Nairobi
- It does include the activity of choice (advance notice is required if you choose to other activities other than hiking)
Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day trip Excludes
- Any item not mentioned above
- Extra water and snacks
- Items of personal nature
What to carry and wear
- National ID/Passport
- Comfortable hiking shoes and clothes
- Extra water and snacks
- Swimming costumes
Bookings and reservations
- Pay a deposit of Ksh. 1,500 at least 7 days to the event.
- Pay remaining balance pole pole or clear on or before travel date
- No refund failure to attend and for canceling after 7 days to the event, deposit will be retained to cater for third party expenses.
- Minimum 4 Persons required for a departure.
- SAFARICOM PAYBIL NO. No 546418 A/C No.0
ROAMING AFRICA TOURS & SAFARIS
- Contact: 0722433910