Ruaha Hilltop Lodge is built on a hill with a wonderfull panoramic view. Ruaha Hilltop Lodge is 100km from Iringa on the Iringa – Ruaha main road and 5km from Tungamalenga village and near the boundary of Ruaha National Park. Ruaha has one of Tanzania’s richest concentrations of animals, birds and plant life. There are many types of different birds, wild flowers, butterflies and trees that can be seen nearby. The lodge stands on the slopes of Ideremle Mountain and the panoramic view is breathtaking. Jeeps are available for game drives as well as tours of Iringa.
Accommodation and Meals
The luxury self contained cottages at Ruaha Hilltop Lodge are very comfortable and private, each with its own balcony with a beautiful view. Our water is heated by solar power. We have 24 hours electricity, solar powered as well. WiFi is available at the lodge.
The reception, dining room and bar at Ruaha Hilltop Lodge are all under one roof, with a gallery to enjoy the spectacular African sunrise and sunset. Giraffes, elephants and baboons and kudus can sometimes be glimpsed not far way.
Activities Ruaha Hilltop Lodge
- Exploring local Hehe tribal villages and culture (bicycles available)
- Bird watching
- Visits from groups who offer information on different aspects of local life and culture
- Visits to Masai bomas to watch displays of traditional dancing
- Walking safaris inside the park
- Mountain hiking to the lderemle volcanic caves
- Tours of Iringa (a German colonial settlement a century ago)
- Trips to the Ismila Stone Age site
- Visit to the Mufindi tea plantations (and possible stay at our Mufindi Farm Lodge)
- Visit to lake Nyasa
- Game drive into Ruaha National Park