Saruni Samburu is an all-inclusive hotel. Saruni Samburu’s six luxury, eco-chic villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kalama Conservancy and Mount Kenya.
As the only lodge in over 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness teeming with wildlife to explore exclusively, and guided by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, the safari experience at Saruni Samburu is intimate and truly exceptional.
Saruni Samburu offers its guests 2 outdoor swimming pools. There’s a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the pool bar. WiFi and wired Internet are available in public spaces for a fee. Spa services, a terrace, and a picnic area are also featured at Saruni Samburu.
Saruni Samburu is an ideal choice for family safaris and has an amazing two bedroom, two bathroom family suite situated only a few minutes walk away from the main lounge and dining areas. The property accepts children from all ages. Saruni Samburu has a huge cliff-top swimming pool with stunning views and a top infinity pool, too. The camp offers the lovely Samburu Wellbeing Space for guests to be pampered and rejuvenated. There is also a private airstrip if you are arriving or departing by charter flight. The Samburu guides and trackers at Saruni Samburu are all local and have a wealth of knowledge to share with you on your safari. . There is also a superb underground photographic hide where you can enjoy a ground-level viewpoint of wildlife drinking from the watering hole.
Accommodation and Meals
Saruni Samburu offers 6 accommodations with safes and bathrobes. Rooms open to balconies. Accommodations offer separate living rooms and include desks. Guests can make use of the in-room refrigerators, coffee/tea makers, and minibars. Bathrooms include showers, slippers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. A nightly turndown service is provided.
The food is Italian influenced, and better than any Italian restaurant – served by the charming Samburu, who all come from a village not far from the lodge, within Kalama. Room rates include meals and beverages at onsite restaurants and bars. Additional charges may apply for meals at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, certain beverages, and other amenities.
Activities Saruni Samburu
Saruni Samburu offers an exciting and varied range of unique activities, suitable for all ages and easily tailored to suit your personal preferences:
- Game drives through renowned and teeming conservation areas – Kalama Conservancy, Buffalo Springs National Park and Samburu National Park.
- Night drives on Kalama Conservancy – a unique activity not permitted in the National Parks.
- Guided bush walks
- Cultural village visits to the local village called Kiltimany.
- Bush meals – breakfast along the Ewaso Niro River and starlit dinners under the vast African skies in a dry river bed.
- 2 large infinity pools with incredible views.
- Visits to local caves featuring historic Rock Art.
- Samburu Wellbeing Space – a wonderfully indulgent menu of massage and spa treatments.
- Warriors Academy – special courses in bush skills and animal tracking, fantastic for families with children.
- Trekking excursions up Mount Ololokwe, the Samburu tribe’s sacred mountain.
- Helicopter and bi-plane excursions upon request, from Mount Kenya to Turkana and everything inbetween.
Saruni’s gift shop where you can buy beautiful, original and locally made artifacts to take home with you.
3 Days 2 Nights Samburu Air Safari to Saruni Samburu
Day 1. Samburu – Depart Nairobi in the morning flight for Samburu Game Reserve afternoon game drive. Lunch, Dinner and overnight at Saruni Samburu
Day 2. Samburu – Early morning and afternoon game drive. All meals and overnight at Saruni Samburu
Day 3. Departure – Early morning game, breakfast and depart to the airstrip for flight to Nairobi arriving at approximately 1200hrs.